District 2 Candidate Bios 2010
Candidates for District 2 are Steve Janda and Greg Nesbitt.
Polling location for this district is Sunset Canyon Baptist Church at 4400 Highway 290 West in Dripping Springs.
A member of the Driftwood community since the early 80’s, Steve Janda is a homeowner on a rainwater collection system and a small landowner since 1992. He grew up in the rural south Texas community of Mission Valley in Victoria County where his family was wholly dependent on well water.
Steve currently is the manager of a clinic based in the Emergency Department of Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas. He is involved locally at the volunteer level with Hays County Emergency Services District #6 where he currently serves as vice president of the board of commissioners.
Prior work experience includes:
- Director of the Office of EMS & Trauma Systems at the Texas Department of State Health Services (formerly the Texas Department of Health)
- Director of the trauma services department and manager of the STARFlight medical helicopter program at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin
- Director of the trauma services department at Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas
- Organ donation medical team member of the Texas Organ Sharing Alliance which serves patients awaiting organ donations in Hays and 55 surrounding counties
Steve is also active with Camp Brave Heart, a recreational summer camp with bereavement support sponsored by Hospice Austin annually for children in Hays and surrounding counties who are grieving the death of a loved one.
Single Member District 2 Incumbent for Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District
Fifteen year resident of Hays County
BS in Engineering Technology from Texas A&M University
20 years experience in Sales Management and Project Management with various Semiconductor Equipment and Materials companies.
Owner of 2 companies
- Glen Rose Pools: Swimming Pool Construction
- Black River Services: Excavation, Septics and Rainwater Collection
Thirteen year member of the North Hays County Volunteer Fire Department
Past Vice President , Past President
Married with 3 children
Interested in Protecting and Increasing water supplies while protecting Landowners rights.