Please see below for the multipurpose forms of intent to drill, alter, or document a well or other aquifer penetration within the boundaries of the Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District. These forms must be completed and returned, along with the required fee and map to the District office in order to obtain the Well Construction Notification Confirmation. This confirmation is required by District Rules 10.1.3(c) before drilling commences. Failure to comply can lead to a fine of up to $500.
Due to the severe effects of drought and declining aquifer levels, the District Board of Directors made changes to Rule 13.3.3 that temporarily prohibit the District from accepting new permit applications, permit amendment applications requesting more water, or new well construction notifications for non-exempt wells during Stage 3 (Critical) or Stage 4 (Emergency) Drought conditions.
When aquifer conditions improve and the District returns to Stage 2 or Stage 1 Drought conditions, the District will accept these applications for processing.
- New Well Construction Notification (The District will not accept New Well Construction Notifications for non-exempt uses during Stage 3 (Critical) or Stage 4 (Emergency) Drought conditions.)
- Existing Well Registration
- Report Water Level Changes / Dry Well
- Quarterly Pumpage Report
Open Records Request
Operating Permit Application(The District will not accept Operating Permit Applications during Stage 3 (Critical) or Stage 4 (Emergency) Drought conditions.)
- HTGCD Certification of Groundwater Availability Report (Tier 2 and Tier 3 Tests)
- Permit Renewal Application
- Permit Amendment Application (The District will not accept Permit Amendment Applications for increased production volumes during Stage 3 (Critical) or Stage 4 (Emergency) Drought conditions.)
- Well Modification Application and Change of Use
- User Drought Contingency Plan (UDCP)
- Water Conservation Plan (WCP)
- Variance Request